The International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma Program is a two year liberal arts curriculum designed to meet the needs of highly motivated and academically talented students, and at the same time, promote international understanding. Due to its rigorous nature, preparation for the IB program is offered through the IB Middle Years curriculum in the 9th and 10th grade and/ or through other accelerated curriculum. The IB diploma is recognized internationally and leads to advanced standing in universities throughout the United States.
For more information about International Baccalaureate Programs, go to IBO.org.
Atlantic IB Program Fact List
- 30th largest IB school in North America
- 650 students enrolled 9 -12
- 90% passing rate on IB exams
- 11 assistant examiners and two teacher trainers
- MYP (Middle Years Program)
International Baccalaureate Diploma Program 11th and 12th Grades
1. Language A (English)
2. Language B (French or Spanish)
3. Individuals and Societies (History)
4. Experimental Science (Biology, Chemistry, Physics)
5. Mathematics (Trigonometry, Pre-Calculus, Calculus AB, Calculus BC) 6. Sixth Area Subject
7. Theory of Knowledge
8. Creativity, Action, Service
9. Extended Essay
- Develop the motivation and responsibility to pursue a rigorous liberal arts curriculum.
- Apply theoretical knowledge to practical and experimental situations.
- Be prepared to meet the demands of today’s society and contribute to the world of the future.
Mr David Youngman
561 243 1531
Mr Carlos Acosta
561 243 1531
Middle Years Program
Mrs Jackie Boileau
IB Executive Secretary
Mrs Anna Bell
Direct (561) 243-1531, PX 21531
Fax (561) 243-1534
Main (561) 243-1500